Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice
- 3 nori sheets dried seaweed
- 4½ cups cooked medium-grain white rice chilled
- 3 cups kimchi reserving liquid, drained
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon cut into ½ inch crosswise
- 4 fried eggs optional
Cut the nori sheets in half, and then cut into ½-inch-thick strips.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon cook it almost through, 8 minutes.
Increase the heat and add kimchi and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
Add the rice, the reserved kimchi liquid, sesame oil and half of the nori strips. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes so that the mixture are well combined.
When serving the dish. Sprinkle with the remaining nori strips. Serve with fried egg, if desired.
The original recipe can be found here