- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1.5 pounds carrots cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Then add in the chopped onions, the aim is to soften them up but not have them turn brown.
Mix in the broth, carrots, ginger and the teaspoon of salt, add as much pepper as you would like.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer until the carrots are soft. Let it cool down for 8 minutes.
Proceed to use a blender and puree the soup until it is smooth. Then put it back on the stove to warm on a medium level.
While heating the soup start whisking the cream until soft peaks form. Then proceed to fold the leftover salt and dill. When serving the fish add the dill cream in a clot in the center.
The original recipe can be found here