- 2 large bell peppers cut into large chunks
- 3 medium Japanese eggplants cut into thin slices
- 2 zucchini cut in half lengthwise and then cut into thin slices
- 4 medium shallots cut into large chunks
- 5 Roma tomatoes cut into large chunks
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Spread the vegetables across a large, rimmed cooking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and then season heavily with salt and pepper. Toss to coat each piece evenly.
Roast for approximately 45-50 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes or so, or until the edges of the vegetables begin to blacken.