- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 pounds steak
- 1 avocado
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp finely minced cilantro
Season the skirt steak with salt and pepper. Heat pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in the cooking oil.
Add the steak to the pan and sear for 3 minutes each side, it should be medium-rare at this point.
Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the steak into very thin ribbons.
Assemble tacos by layering steak, lettuce, diced tomatoes, cilantro and avocado slices. Top with cheese and serve.